Understanding the Capabilities of Modern Quantum Computers
A plain-language summary of some of our recent quantum research.
What Is Quantum Information Sciences?
Quantum computing and other technologies rooted in fundamental quantum physics, collectively known as quantum information sciences (QIS), continue to promise revolutionary new approaches to solving both long-standing and novel problems.
Applications of QIS include:
Quantum algorithms excel at exploring previously intractable problem spaces, potentially accelerating new and emerging analytics pipelines, enabling the design of new materials, and evaporating bottlenecks in critical government and business processes.
Quantum sensors offer measurement accuracy previously thought impossible. These new measurement technologies promise new and earlier information with unparalleled precision to drive autonomous vehicles and revolutionize cancer diagnostics.
Quantum communications technologies offer novel approaches to transmitting and securing information, allowing for the development of new ways to rapidly distribute critical information and signals.
Why Is Quantum Computing Strategically Important?
Progressing the field of quantum computing could bring about dramatic leaps in computing power. These increased processing speeds will catalyze revolutionary advancements in nearly every industry and discipline—communications, healthcare, materials engineering, manufacturing, finance, and national security all stand to gain.
Through legislation and executive action, the federal government is working to ensure U.S. leadership in the field of quantum information science. Booz Allen is committed to supporting this vision. We are already helping our clients understand how quantum computing will impact their missions and how early investment can secure a future advantage. We help organizations like the U.S. Department of Defense ensure that they remain ready to leverage the technology to its full potential as it continues to emerge. We can provide the same level of customized quantum support to your federal agency, national laboratory, or corporation.
What Kinds of Problems Really Require Quantum Solutions?
A plain-language summary of our recent research into where and how quantum solutions will be truly advantageous.
Our Quantum Services
Quantum Research Papers
Booz Allen in the News
- Preparing for the quantum revolution, GCN
- Big Data Industry Predictions for 2022, insideBIGDATA
- Officials Aim to Diversify the U.S. Quantum Workforce Early On, NextGov
- The Cybersecurity 202: A foreign government could be trying to hack U.S. biomedical companies, The Washington Post
- Report: China May Steal Encrypted Government Data Now to Decrypt with Quantum Computers Later, NextGov
- When Will Quantum Computing Finally Become Real? Information Week
- Why Quantum Computing's Future Lies in the Cloud, Information Week
- Booz Allen Hamilton’s QC Research Team Offers Quantum Industry Insights, The Quantum Daily
- NSA, Army Research Aim for More Advanced—And Less Noisy—Quantum Systems, Nextgov
- Are defense contractors investing enough in quantum computing?, Fifth Domain
- University of Maryland Convenes Alliance to Accelerate Quantum Ecosystem, MarylandToday
Join Our Team of Experts
Booz Allen’s scientists and engineers work together to transform organizations and society through the power of science and technology. From analytics to artificial intelligence, from high speed computing to quantum information services, we’re empowering people to change the world.
Is your organization working on a challenge that can benefit from forward-thinking and bold solutions? Contact us. We can help.